BioMedica International Oncology Summit Instructional Video
Q: Am I registered? Will I receive a confirmation email?
A: If you have registered and not received a confirmation email, then please check your junk folder. If you still can’t find the confirmation email, you would like it reissued or have any payment or IT concerns please reach out to Danielle at Corner Stone Events. You can contact Danielle via email at [email protected] or call her on 0419 635 977.
Q: How and when do I gain access to the virtual conference platform?
A: Login details and the access link to the virtual conference platform will be sent to the email address provided during registration, on Tuesday, 16th March 2021. Should you have any trouble locating the link or your login details, please email us on [email protected].
Q: Will I be provided with hardcopies of the notes/handouts from the presentations?
A: Notes and handouts for each presenter will be made available in the virtual event platform on the morning of the speakers presentations. When you view the session information, on the right hand side under handouts the notes will be added here on Friday and Saturday mornings for you to download.
Q: What will I need to participate in the conference?
A: Please see our following recommendations:
- Optimum browsers to use are Google Chrome or Microsoft Chromium. Safari is not compatible.
- For best results we recommend connecting with a Laptop or PC (ideally not an iPad, tablet or Mac). Ensure your connection is minimum 5Mbps for both upload and download. You can check your internet speed at speedtest.net. Wired connection will provide you with a more consistent connection.
- To get the most out of the networking sessions and meeting hub, wired headsets with microphone are best but not essential. Wireless headphones work but often let in more background noise and uses more resources of your computer to connect. Try to also avoid using Bluetooth headphones such as Apple AirPods.
- Webcam (if you wish to participate in the Networking functions and Meeting Hub). If viewing on a laptop, your inbuilt webcam will suffice.
Q: How do I get help during the event?
A: If you are having any technical difficulties or need other assistance during the conference sessions, please either look at the FAQ section (click on the ? button) or click on the Live Support button at top right hand side of your screen which will be active from 12.30pm each day.
Q: How do I connect with other delegates at the event?
A: Connect at any time with other attendees by visiting the Meeting Hub and request a connection. Once connected you can exchange details via text or arrange a one-on-meeting.
Q: How do I export my notes and contacts from the event?
A: Any notes you take during sessions can be exported at the end of the conference and emailed to your registered email address. Additionally, any contacts you make in meeting hub will be emailed to you at your request.
Q: How do I join a networking session?
A: Each afternoon tea break and at close of day one, join a networking session to meet with other attendees. These sessions last for a short time and you are placed in small groups with other attendees and are a fun way of meeting like-minded people to exchange ideas. You will find these sessions listed in the timeline agenda each day.
Q: Will all presentations be live in the virtual platform post-event?
A: All presentations from the BioMedica International Oncology Summit will be available in the platform for registered attendees to watch on demand until 30th June 2021 (for 3 months).
Q: If I am unable to attend, can someone else go in my place?
A: If you are unable to attend on the days, a substitution can be arranged up until March 12, 2021 by clicking on the Amend My Registration link in your registration acknowledgement email. Please note that the recordings of the presentations will be available in the virtual platform until 30th June 2021.
Q: How will this event work for registrants in the United Kingdom, European Union or other areas?
A: The event is hosted and broadcasted in Australian time, which may be a slightly early in the morning for those in the UK, EU (or elsewhere in the northern hemisphere) to tune in LIVE so we have set it up that recordings will be available within hours for our UK and EU audience; the Friday program will be available the very next day, Saturday 20 March from 12.00pm (GMT) and the Saturday program will be available Sunday 21 March from 12.00pm (GMT).
As a bonus, BioMedica co-founders Daniel Baden & Garth Harris will be offering a 1-hour LIVE Q&A on Sunday 21 March at 8pm GMT – this is exclusively for UK and EU delegates to answer any of your questions and discuss learnings from the Summit.
Q: What is the cancellation policy should I not be able to attend?
A: Where a Registrant is unable to attend and is not in a position to substitute registration to another person, the following refunds apply:
- Registrations cancelled up until and including March 12, 2021: Full refund of registration fee less 15% administration fee;
- Registrations cancelled March 13, 2021 onwards: No refund. If unable to attend on the day, the recordings of sessions will be available in the portal until 30th June 2021.
No refunds apply for non-attendance.